Friday, January 4, 2008

Here is your lost post mom -it was in manage posts, then drafts.

Okay, I will post but I warn you - my life is very quiet and dull - nothing much going on. It is quite cold - so cold in fact that I haven't even stepped out the door for two days.

I watched some of the Iowa caucus last nite - am I ever glad that is over with. CNN and MSNBC had nothing else on for 2 days. Isn't there any other news in the world? I really thought Hilary would come in first, but can't say I'm disappointed in Obama's win. I was hoping for John Edwards, but he still has a chance at winning the nomination. Ellen has a slew of Huckabee jokes and was getting hysterical with laughter last night. Glad Huckabee won - the worst Democat is better than the best Republican! Don't think Huckabee would have a chance in november.


Have been doing lots of housecleaning - Jane and Mark are coming next week and you all know how Jane is!! (Mrs. Clean!!). I FORBID HER TO DO ANY CLEANING WHILE SHE'S HERE!!

I've had a grand time with Barnes & Noble gift certificates this week. It gets complicated - first I have to check with the library to see if they have the book I want, then I check with paperbackswap.com to see if I can get it from them, and lastly, I order from B&N. I have 2 orders on the way - am saving the rest for later - Ruth Rendell and Elizabeth George both have new ones coming out this summer. Jane - I order a DVD of Gone With the Wind for you! I have seen that movie 5 or 6 times and always enjoy it.

I am reading Purple Hibiscus right now - about half-way done. It is written by a Nigerian author and takes place in Nigeria. It is pretty interesting but has "bogged" down now in the middle. Will give it a big push today and try to finish it. Want to be ready to tear into the B&N order the minute it arrives.

Sandi has had a tummy upset but is okay now. It wasn't fun while it lasted. She has always been so good that I didn't feel it necessary to scold her when she couldn't make it outside. Yuck - can't believe I'm discussing this at six o'clock in the morning! Now let's hope it's not catching - Fritz doesn't give a you know what where he goes and HATES going outside in cold weather or rain.

No comments: