Friday, January 18, 2008

Hi Catherine - happy to see your post here and we are looking forward to next weekend too. Grampa has stocked up on roofing materials including plywood and now that we have a new Lowe's in town we can always run there to get anything that's needed. As for snow - lol - hope not - wouldn't be fun working on the roof under those conditions - probably impossible. Tell me your favorite meals and desserts. We'll have steak one night and perhaps chili. I know Michael is not fussy and Szuszi eats like a bird, but I want to have the place stocked with favorites.

Our snow is all gone today. There was a little this morning and the roads were fine, but nothing left now. After the roof is fixed it can snow all it wants - hope for a blizzard the next day! One year a light snowfall was predicted and we woke up to 22 inches! Couldn't get the doors open until we broomed the snow out of the way. I went to the middle of the yard with my yardstick and measured. That was fun.

I have been doing some spring cleaning - have the den all done. I think Grampa will have a new recliner soon and then his nasty old chair as well as his mother's nasty old chair are going to the dump!

We are going to Midlothian tomorrow - Grampa has it in his head that we need something at Home Depot. I don't care - I get to go to Barnes & Noble :)

No comments: