Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Jane - your post made me chuckle - there really are some people who believe that duct(k) tape can fix everything!

My turnovers didn't turn out. I was using filo pastry and I think it must have been past it's prime. Threw the whole kit and kaboodle in the garbage. Another flop from Wal-Mart.

We are in a winter storm watch and the sun is shining!!!! It's a little nippy out there - haven't been out myself.

I have a new plan of attack with housecleaning now - I assign myself ONE task every day (I usually decide the day before) and then MAKE myself do it. Today it was washing some bed linens and it's all done now so I can play the rest of the day. Dad and I are going to Lowe's - he got his credit card and probably is dying to use it. Welllllllll - if he wants to buy anything, it will be a dishwasher - YES!

I am getting a little fed up with my book - What the Dead Know - it is an interesting premise, but it is not linear by any means. Jumps around over a period of 30 years which makes it hard to follow. The chapters are relatively short, but for the first couple of paragraphs, it is not clear who it's about.

Fritzy boy is sleeping here at my feet. He is getting better about going outside - I just have to recognize the "signs." - and I don't mean the lifting of the rear leg - lol. He will come to me and give me a "balefull" look and if I walk to door he runs ahead of me and goes out - hurrah - we are getting somewhere (now that the carpets are all ruined).

Yes Marianne - I wish you would post here - would love to read about Christian's doings - he is so smart and funny besides. And have you started taking any courses yet? Start with an easy one. And how about Katie?? I think she probably has her time well taken up with studies and I understand she now has a job in the dining hall. Plus, there is always activity in a dormitory. But a quick hello would be nice.

Well goils - tata for now!

No comments: