Saturday, January 5, 2008

I will try to post here everyday even tho my life is pretty dull. It is still cold - but somewhat warmer than the last few days. Still doing some cleaning/laundry, etc. I got brave last nite and was going to serve bean soup from the freezer, but Dad and I both didn't want it. We ended up with omelets - good for the diets, blood sugar, etc., but didn't help the cholesterol (not that I care!).

Today I will have to clean up Sandi - poor old girl. It is too cold outside so will do it in the kitchen. I cannot lift her into bathtub, but will have to put a leash on her for Dad to hold her still in the kitchen while I sponge her. Yuck, but I'm sure she will feel better afterwards - as will I.

I have to do a little grocery shopping today and decide what to fix for dinner. It is a BIG problem. I am sooooo tired of fixing the same old things and Dad does not adapt to new stuff at all. I am thinking of making a quich. My friend who lives in France has posted a recipe that looks intriquing - has tomatoes and zucchine in it. Will also make a zucchini fritter from Ina Garten's cookbook. I will probably end up eating it alone - Dad can have his usual peanut butter sandwich.

My Barnes & Noble order came yesterday and now I have another decision to make - lol! I ordered 3 books of authors that I love - Ivan Doig, Ann Patchett, and Richard Russo, plus The Magnificent Amerbersons - which I have always wanted to read. BTW - Katie have you finished reading your Christmas books yet? Remember I want to borrow them.

I have some unpainted Santas that I will fix for Marianne. I have painted so many of them in years past that I have a hard time making myself paint more. But, I have a whole year to work on them!

I am so glad the Iowa caucus is over with. Now we just have to listen to the spiel from New Hampshire. I think it's great that Obama won, but I do like John Edward's platform better. It will be a very interesting political year. Just wish the news channels would tell us what is going on in the rest of the world! I must remember to tune in BBCAmerica once in a while for world news.

Okay everyone - enjoy your Saturday!

Mom

No comments: