Sunday, January 20, 2008

We went to Midlothian yesterday and got enough floor tiles to do the upstairs bathroom. Tried to buy a new dishwasher - $249 plus $55 delivery charge and they install it too!. However, they won't deliver it this far away, so I will go to Lowe's this week and check what they have in the way of dishwashers.

On the way home we stopped at the Cumberland Library and I donated a couple of hardbacks to them and checked out "what the Dead Know" by Laura Lippman. It's not the usual kind of book I read but so many people in my reading group listed it as one of their top reads for 2007 I thought I would give it a try. I just finished Ivan Doig's latest - "Whistling Season" - a lovely, lovely book which Dad really enjoyed too. Anything by Ivan Doig is an outstanding read. Ellen - he has a Ph.D. in history! He writes about Montana about 100 years ago - very interesting. I am saving up my Barnes & Noble gift certificates for some that are coming out this summer.

Dad informed me early this morning that he would be too busy watching football that I needn't both cooking - Hurrah! Said he would just snack in front of t.v.

I know what kind of food we WON'T be having this coming weekend - brussel sprouts, and Jimmy Dean mashed potatoes - am saving them for Nancy's visit!

YooooooooHooooooooooooo - Jane, where is you?

take care everyone - stay safe.

and hurrah for Hillary - YOU GO GIRL!

No comments: